a repository of links
We make our own trails across the internet, link by link.
These trails can act as bibliographies, or adventures, or whatever.
This is meant to be just link pasting with some neat options.
This is not meant to be a promotional tool. This is not twitter; anything but.
Check out my links as an example.
I built this mostly because...
- I can, so why not.
- I don't like "sharing" - I like posting.
- del.icio.us is dead.
- tumblr is too complicated.
- Facebook is too crowded.
- Twitter sucks for sharing links.
- Apple's "Reading List" is a joke.
- I don't want anyone selling what links I post.
- I need a collection, not a profile.
- I read a lot on the web, and I want a way to keep track of it.
- I write a lot on the web, and I want a list to cite from.
- Post some fucking links.
- Unlimited links per post.
- Post some text, I don't care.
- No dumb url shortening or tracking.
- No goddamn character limit.
- Mark post as private "for your eyes only".
- Disable seeing certain options (like timestamps).
- You get a page of your public links.
- You get an RSS feed, too, holy shit.
Features not done yet, fuck you, be patient
- A search feature. Yeah.
- Following other people? Gotta be something better to call it than that.
- Export all your links as JSON or plain text.
- Pagination? haha, I have over 1000 links.
Features that'll never happen:
- Selling anything anyone does here.
- A public timeline of random people's bullshit.
- A "spotlight" or "featured" section.
- Tags might never happen, I dunno.
- Liking. +1-ing. Upvoting. No.
If you want to use it, cool. If not, that's fine too.
Who made this? I'm cyle
I'm hesitant to give you an invite code unless I know you. The source code is here.